Invito

Se ti piace il nostro blog e vuoi essere sempre aggiornato sulle novità, lascia il tuo indirizzo e-mail nella casella in basso a destra.

Non perderai nemmeno un post!


giovedì 5 ottobre 2017

Nice start, Natasha!


Cliccate qui per la versione italiana!





When my colleagues and me were preparing to assist to the showcases of TFW 2017 did not think that we would be so impressed by Modest Fashion; despite the "modest" adjective though, we have been astonished seeing the intricate work that lays behind these creations.







Moda in Turin so contacted the Luxury Award's winner, Natasha Kamal, to interview her:




How did you get in touch with Torino Fashion Week, and what was that convinced you to take part to the happening?


"
I was approached by Shershah Khan (IFDC Pakistan Representative) to showcase at Torino Fashion Week 2017 in collaboration with the Islamic Fashion and Design Council. It was the first time, an official mainstream fashion week would be partnering with a modest fashion organization (IFDC) to bring this lucrative fashion category in an official capacity."


Had you ever been to Turin before?
"No, this was my first trip to Turin." 

What was your impression of our city? 


"It was absolutely breathtaking! The grandeur and regality of every Piazza, exuded an air of heritage and beauty. Despite its splendor, there was a sense of warmth and familiarity. Although, as a tourist I was amazed that I could not find a single place that served food until 6 pm . Hence, I filled up on lots and lots of gelato!"

What did you expect and what have you found in Torino Fashion Week?
"It was an overwhelming experience to participate in a fashion week that has designers participating from over 23 countries, from which 30 were IFDC designers. Designers had flown in from all over the world for this particular event. And even though there was such diversity, it was amazing to see everyone come together, encourage each other and even help each other out backstage amidst hectic moments. I met a lot of wonderful people that I will stay in touch with.
Furthermore, the reaction I received from the industry people present at TFW was very encouraging, I felt great pride in my work after receiving such appreciation from an international audience."
 
Was the TFW useful for your firm? And how?
"This was my first international showcase and it was an amazing feat to have won the 1st place luxury Award which as presented by Yamna Aghrib (Brand Ambassador to LVMH) and Djamila Kerdoun ( Founder of SIM). As a result of this award, I have been invited to showcase in Paris on October 4th at exclusively at Sommet International de la Mode."


Would you be interested in repeating the experience?


"Yes I would love to come back to
Turin and showcase." 



TFW 2017















TFW 2017







TFW 2017

Credits:
Catwalk photos have been provided by Natasha Kamal
S.I.M. invitation has been taken from S.I.M.'s official Instagram profile



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento